Description - The MSC Trough Screw Conveyors are a customized version of the CA modular trough screw conveyor system. They are used in the flour milling industry, especially for conveying cereal grains, flour, and by-products such as bran. MSC Screw Conveyors are manufactured from carbon steel with food-grade surface finishing. They are made up from a U-shape trough that is equipped with at least one outlet spout, an end plate at each trough end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with a coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with shaft sealing unit, a number of intermediate hanger bearings with self-lubricating bushes depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor, and bolted trough covers. Furthermore, MSC Trough Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor that suits the application. MSC Trough Screw Conveyors come in a light-duty design only and they are available with ATEX, zone 22 certification.
Function - MSC Trough Screw Conveyors have been specially designed for handling powdery and granular materials in flour mills. Their design, their special finishing grade, and the vast range of options and accessories take the requirements of the flour milling industry into particular consideration.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Light-duty square pitch helicoid flighting welded on centre pipe manufactured from carbon steel
- Light-duty trough in modular flanged sections manufactured from carbon steel
- Square or rectangular inlet and outlet spouts with integrated drilled flanges according to standards
- Robust cast iron body flanged end bearing assemblies with externally positioned bearing units and manually adjustable packed gland seals.
- Maintenance-free intermediate cast hanger bearings with self-lubricating slide bushes
- Splined or bolted shaft couplings
- Direct drives in a compact version, or with coupling transmission, or with chain or belt transmission
- Food-grade finishing and surface painting
- Short delivery time due to modular design and availability of all components
Options & Accessories
- Twin or multiple shaft screw conveyors
- Additional inlets and outlets
- Trough feet
- Overflow hatches
- Drop bottom troughs
- Tubular trough inserts
- Trough covers with spring locks
- Variable pitch or paddle type screws
- Internal food-grade painting
- MSC TROUGH SCREW CONVEYORS ARE AVAILABLE WITH ATEX, ZONE 22 CERTIFICATION