Description - The modular TU Tubular Screw Conveyor system is highly versatile offering numerous solutions for conveying powdery or granular materials. TU Screw Conveyors and Feeders are manufactured in carbon steel with a suitable surface finishing. They are made up from a tubular trough that is equipped with at least one inlet and outlet spout, a welded flange at each tube end, helicoids screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with a coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit, a number of intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor. Furthermore, TU Tubular Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor that suits the application. TU Tubular Screw Conveyors come in a medium-heavy-duty design only. TU Screw Conveyors are available with ATEX, zone 22 certification.
Function - Depending on the characteristics of the material different models of conveyors or feeders are available in applications like concrete production (cement, fly-ash, filler dust, silica fume), asphalt production (hot and cold filler dust), premixed building materials (dry plasters, sand, cement, additives), glass processing (calcium carbonate, soda, sand, etc;), foundries (sand, bentonite), and many others.
Performance & Technical Features
- Powder Coating
- 7 outside tube diameters
- Outside tube complete with welded end flanges, one inlet, one outlet, inspection hatch beneath inlet and each intermediate hanger bearing.
- Helicoid screw flighting welded on centre pipe
- End bearing assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit
- Splined shaft couplings
- Lifting eyes on each tube section
- Various types of screw flighting
- Small overall dimensions and compact design
- Small number of components and spare parts
- Maintenance-free versions available
- Easy installation
- Small diameter/ great efficiency / high throughput rates
- Modular design offers a great variety of options suitable for numerous applications
- Optimum price-performance ratio
Options & Accessories
- Compact direct drive
- Drive options: direct with or without semi-elastic shaft transmission coupling, chain transmission, belt transmission
- Variable speed drive
- Inlets/outlets with beaded edge or welded flange
- On request: different type end bearings, shaft seals, intermediate hanger bearings, screw designs